I order to get an update for your Galaxy S4 I9505, you should use XXUDMH8 official firmware. This is the best way to have Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your smartphone.
Which means that you will become familiarized with brand new things that shall offer a whole new experience. The new apps, features, customization possibilities, performance boosters and so on will surely help along the way.
get all of that and more on your handset, you need to first look at the following pre-requisites:
- install, on your notebook, USB drivers for your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505;
- charge the battery of your phone;
- create a backup (apart from the regular kind of backup you should also make a NANDroid one);
- turn on USB Debugging;
- your smartphone should be bootloader and carrier unlocked.
In case your notebook or PC works with Mac or Linux, you should install, on it, CrossOver Utility.
How to flash XXUDMH8 firmware on your phone
- The beginning of our guide is now here. Download the next two packages on your laptop: the and Odin tool v3.07 (available here). When the download is done, you should next unzip the packages and wait for Odin tool 3.07.exe and for .tar.md5 to land on your notebook.
- Once they do, you need to power the handset off and boot it into Download Mode by performing these steps: press and hold, together, Volume Down, Home and Power and, when you see the Android logo, press Volume Up. Now comes the following part: run the Odin3 v3.07.exe as Admin by right-clicking on odin.exe file, going to Context Menu and, from there, tapping “Run as Administrator“.
- Complete the steps above and then do this: plug the smartphone to the notebook. We always use the phone’s USB cord for this part. Then you should wait for the connection between the devices to happen.
- It will do as such when you spot a yellow ID:COM box port and a message which has “Added!!” inside its box. In case the plugging fails spectacularly, you need to save the situation by either installing the USB drivers again or by just using another USB port.
- Go on by tapping “PDA”, choosing a file which sports CODE in the name, then tapping “Phone”, selecting a file that comes with MODEM in the original name, clicking on “CSC”, opting for a CSC file, tapping “PIT” and choosing a .pit file.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]If you don’t come across such files, never mind; simply move on to the next part of our tutorial which asks this from you: opt for F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition (this last box should be checked if you saw and chose the .pit file).
- Tap “Start” when you are done with the previous tasks, then wait for the beginning of the firmware’s flashing stage. After it all ends, you can sit around and have patience till the phone restarts; after it displays “Pass” in a green background, you have to disconnect the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 from your notebook. The Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUDMH8 official firmware is on your phone. Its exact location: your device’s “About Phone” under “Settings“.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: When you notice your handset remaining stuck in the manufacturer’s logo or in boot animation, you have to go though these steps if you want to solve the issue: enter the device in the Recovery Mode, choose “Factory reset/Wipe data“, opt for “Wipe cache partition” and restart the phone. To reboot it, you have to opt for “Restart now” option.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.