You should make your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 all ready for a well-deserved upgrade! Samsung has unveiled XXUBMHF Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware to flash on your smartphone with this tutorial if you live in Algeria and Kenya.
let you update your phone in peace, we have these pre-requisites to occupy yourself with for now:
- install, on your notebook, USB drivers for the handset;
- turn USB Debugging on the device;
- create backups following these tips (a NANDroid backup is a strong recommendation, as well);
- your Samsung I9082 should be bootloader and carrier unlocked;
- charge the battery of the smartphone;
- use CrossOver Utility if the laptop or PC doesn’t come with Windows.
- The steps that we want you to follow for a smooth update process are coming up next. And the one to perform first is this: find (the file is compatible with Kenya based devices) and then Odin tool v3.07 from this location; download them both on your notebook, extract them and power the handset off.
- The second step: press + hold Volume Down and Power simultaneously, wait for Android’s logo, press Volume Up and your phone will be booted into Download Mode.
- You will be asked to perform the following task afterwards: right-click on odin.exe, tap the option Run as Administrator (from Context Menu) and wait for your handset to launch as Admin.
- After you run the Odin as Administrator, you should plug the phone to the notebook and wait for the operation to end on a smooth note when “Added!!” and a yellow ID:COM box port appear; install the USB drivers one more time or use another USB port if there is absolutely no sign of a connection between the devices.
- Right, now that everything is all settled, you should prepare for these guidelines: click on “PDA”, opt for a file containing CODE, tap “Phone”, opt for MODEM up next, click on “CSC”, select a CSC file, tap “PIT” and end by choosing a file with .pit as part of the name.
- To have the guide working as best as possible, you will also need to check some very important boxes; here are their respective names: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Repartition (for the .pit file selected previously). Then you will be required to move on by tapping “Start”.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]That’s how you start the installation of the upgrade tool on your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. When the process ends, the handset will restart, then it will display “Pass” on the touchscreen. In that case: unplug the smartphone from your notebook and you are done with the update. The new XXUBMHF firmware is presently in “About phone“.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This phone of yours can stay stuck in its producer’s logo; or in boot animation. Fortunately, you can have that taken care of by following the next steps: enter the device in the Recovery Mode, select “Factory reset/Wipe data“, choose “Wipe cache partition” and end by restarting the smartphone with the help of the “Reboot” dedicated option”.
That’s how you deal with this sort if issue. After the solution has been applied, start enjoying the benefits of an updated Galaxy Grand Duos I9082!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.