If you’re ready for a new “How to” post on our page, this time we will tackle T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 and how to install WICKED ROM on it. Don’t employ this guide on another handset. And be absolutely sure you know what you’re doing, because our method is going to deal with various pre-requisites and steps later on.
But first, let’s get the requirements out of the way: make it so that USB Debugging is turned on, create
backups, get the always useful ClockworkMod and root the phone. The two latter actions are doable with the help of something known as MSkip Toolkit.
The following steps are the ones you need to follow to have the Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 installed with the WICKED ROM.
- Step 1 includes the following necessary operations: file on the laptop and move it afterwards to the phone’s internal memory card. Make sure that the phone and the comp are connected to one another before performing these actions.
- Then, for step 2, you need to disconnect them and switch the Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 off.
- Step 3: boot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery mode by tapping on Volume Up, Home and Power at the same time. Then backup the original’s phone ROM and go to Backup and Restore. When the destination is reached: opt for Backup. Now confirm the selection.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 4: choose Go Back and select Factory Reset/Wipe Data; do another confirmation and then get back to the phone’s menu via the same Go Back option.
- For the fifth step, the following actions are in order: tap on Wipe Cache Partition. Confirm and opt for Go Back.
- When you’re in the phone’s recovery menu, step number 6 needs you to select Advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Step 7 requires you to confirm the action, then choose Go Back. To install the needed ROM: opt for the installation of the zip archive using the SD card.
- Step eight: tap on Choose zip from sd card. Next, look for the WICKED ROM .zip archive.
- Step 9: once you find it, choose it and confirm the fact that you really want to install it.
- The tenth step of our tutorial will ask you to get back to the phone’s menu and opt for Reboot System Now. When you are done with that: wait for a boot to happen. Last step looks like this: restart the Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 and watch as it now boasts the WICKED ROM.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.