Galaxy S3 is showing its face today for a guide that will have it upgraded to Android Wanamlite Jelly Bean 4.3 custom firmware. Today’s ROM is the perfect choice for your smartphone and we will show you why soon!
With so many custom ROMs out there, it’s not always an easy choice to select the one for a particular device. But this time around we are going with the WanamLite for your Galaxy S3 i9300. This type of firmware brings many new things for the latter’s use.
Among them, the following: Secure Samsung Keyboard, call recording, the possibility to use the phone’s camera while you call someone, save call logs view, customization tweaks for the notification panel, the ability to use keyboard signals, the possibility to keep using the key called Add Call with the phone’s Call recording menu, Bypass Exchange Lock check and more.
With this update tool you will also get enough stability to make your handset give the best in terms of battery life, performance and so on. Also, this file will let you install as many custom ROMs as you wish.
you’re sure you want to update your Galaxy S3 i9300 with the custom ROM we picked for it, the first thing to do is to follow these requirements:
- root the smartphone via a dedicated guide, like this one (or, in case you don’t know if your handset is already rooted, verify here or use Root Checker which is downloadable from Google Play store)
- get a custom recovery from here on your smartphone (such as CWM or TWRP)
- go to Settings, tap Applications, choose Development and then select USB Debugging
- download the (file name: GT-I9300_WanamLite.XXUGMJ9.V7.2.NO-WIPE.zip) and Google Apps from here on your laptop or comp
- charge the battery of your device
- save your phone’s data by creating backups.
Should you be done with our pre-requisites, the next thing to consider: the update steps. All of them are lined up in the next couple of paragraphs.
- If the file we told you to download on your notebook is saved on its desktop, you can begin the tutorial by plugging the phone to your laptop; after the connection has been made, it’s time for this task: move the files from the handset to your other device and, as soon as the transfer is done, be sure to disconnect the Galaxy S3 from your notebook.
- Enter it in Recovery Mode next by doing as follows: hold Volume Up and Home while you power your handset on. When the appropriate mode has been reached, you should choose Install zip from SD card.
- After that, opt for the update file to be flashed on your phone, then do the same actions to install the Gapps package.
- If you are done with the above, you should opt for Go Back. Then restart the phone by choosing Reboot System Now and wait for the device to restart.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]We recommend you to do the following after the previous steps are performed: go to Settings and opt for About Phone. When you are in the latter, look for the update file. If you see it, your Galaxy S3 i9300 is updated successfully.
If not, we advise you to repeat the tutorial. Also, in case the handset freezes in a boot loop, you should apply this method: power your phone off and redo the guide after you turn it back on. Your problem will then be solved.
If you think there is no reason to worry, you should test your newly updated smartphone. As you do that, have fun with everything you experience!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.