Samsung Galaxy W I8150 is a brand which should have featured Android 4.1.2, like its rivals did when their manufacturers came with them on the market. But this model didn’t, which was a shame. If you have this phone, you’re in luck: our tutorial will tell you how to update it to this operating system with VeloxROM. This firmware does not wear the mark of the handset’s manufacturer, but it works just as well.
What you will get from it is SuperSU, OTG, Flash Player, Seeder v7, background-able YouTube and many other awesome features. If all of this was enough for you to make you want an updated Galaxy W GT-I8150, then by all means we invite you to read our tutorial.
though, get accustomed to the following pre-requisites: use a smartphone that’s already rooted and with a custom recovery image on it, install USB Drivers (the kind made for your handset) on your laptop, charge the battery of the smartphone, use a Galaxy W GT-I8150 that is factory unlocked, turn USB debugging on and create as many backups as you think fit.
The second you’re done with the requirements above, you should move on to the second part of our tutorial. From it you will see what steps to follow for a successful update installation.
- The first step that will address the owner of this handset looks like this: download and GApps archive, available on this page. When the two files are on your laptop, you will have to make sure the latter is well plugged to the smartphone. Move the files we mentioned earlier to the memory card root of the Galaxy W I8150.
- The step that comes now, the second one, has the following instructions for you: switch the handset off, then unplug it from the computer and enter the phone into Recovery Mode; our usual technique to use in this case is as follows: turn the device on while pressing and holding Home, Volume Up and Power (at the same time, not separately). Then select, with Power, this option: Factory Reset/Wipe Data, something which shall make the Galaxy W do a complete data wipe.
- The third step will need you to choose Wipe Cache Partition. You have to also choose Wipe Dalvik Cache from Advanced in the recovery menu; only so will your handset do a complete wipe of the Dalvik cache. Next actions on the list: opt for Install zip from SD card when you’ve returned to the main recovery screen and then opt for Choose zip from SD card.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The fourth step is now here and it tells you to go to the Android 4.1.2 ROM archive.
- For step five you need to choose it by pressing Power then, when you’re done, confirm the installation. To also have the Google Apps on your Galaxy W I8150, you have to do what you just did to install the other file before.
- Step six is the final one in this guide. Here is what it says: go to +++++Go Back+++++ once the flashing of the files above is over, then choose the System restarting option. Your smartphone has now completed our tutorial and it sports the full Android 4.1.2 OS thanks to the help of the VeloxROM.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.