Galaxy Win GT-I8550L is ready to receive an updated Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean as soon as you can spare the necessary time for this. Then take a look at our tutorial, follows its steps and you will see the update on your smartphone in no more than half an hour.
you can do anything of the kind, though, check these pre-requisites out: use the Galaxy Win I8550L that does not belong to a particular carrier, own the model that is also bootloader unlocked, charge the device’s battery, flash USB drivers for the handset on your laptop, make backups using our instructions, take the data on the internal memory and back it up to an external SD card, have a PC whose OS is Windows (download CrossOver Utility if its operating system is Mac or Linux) and turn on USB debugging.
- Find these two zip files and download them on your comp: (the file is labelled I8550LUBUAME1_I8550LUUBAME1_TPA.zip) and Odin tool. Then find an extracting tool; use it to unzip the content of the two archives. You will see .tar.md5 and Odin 3.07.exe among the extracted files.
- Switch the Win I8550L off. When the device is no longer running, you have to do the following to help it enter Download Mode: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power simultaneously and, when Android’s logo pops on the screen, stop and instead press Volume Up one more time.
- The Odin3 v3.07.exe file that’s on the desktop of your laptop should be run as Admin like this: use the right-click method on odin.exe and then tap on “Run as administrator” from the smartphone’s context menu. Make sure you have the handset plugged to your notebook; this will turn out to be successful only if you see “Added!!” and a COM port in yellow. In case nothing like that happens, then solve the situation by either flashing the USB drivers again or by using a different USB port.
- Concentrate, next, on these instructions:
– click a button called PDA and opt for a file that contains CODE as part of its name;
– click Phone, then choose a file with MODEM in its name instead;
– click CSC and choose a file that has CSC in its name;
– finally, click the key named PIT and opt for a .pit file.
- Should you be done with the part above, do this:
– choose F. Reset Time;
– opt for Auto Reboot;
– select Re-partition.
The box with the Re-partition name on it needs to be chosen only if the file you opted for before is the .pit one.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Next on the list: begin the installation of the update firmware by tapping on START. Now wait for the process to be over with before you let the handset reboot on its own. PASS should appear on the display and it should be accompanied by a background colored in green.
- Disconnect the Galaxy Win GT-I8550L from your laptop. The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build UBUAME1 is now in the “About phone“. Go see it for yourselves!
But if the smartphone has decided to get stuck in either the manufacturer logo or in boot animation instead, you have to take care of things by going to the Recovery Mode first. From there, you need to operate these two tasks: Factory Reset/Wipe Data and Wipe Cache Partition. Then restart your device. Your Galaxy Win GT-I8550L is now rid of the previous problem at last.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.