It’s the right time to tell users of Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 that SlimBean 3.1.0 Custom ROM is here to be flashed on this model. Our tutorial is going to make sure you have the new Android 4.1.2 on your smartphone soon.
As all the other custom ROMs out there, this SlimBean 3.1.0 one has so many new features to pick from! And there are also a lot of possibilities to enjoy a problem-free handset; meaning Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, which were behaving badly on the previous update, are now working flawlessly.
The most noteworthy features which deserve a mention here: better touch response, improved GPU acceleration, great UI, great smoothness factor, new apps and many more.
always like to start guides with requirements, so here they are: root the Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 and install a custom recovery image on it, make backups using this guide, charge the battery, turn off all the security programs in sight on your S7500 and your laptop, turn on USB Debugging (by tapping Settings, then Applications, choosing Development and then opting for USB Debugging) and create a backup of a folder called EFS.
The latter task has International Mobile Station Equipment Identity number of your handset; to back it up, you should do as follows: copy the EFS folder (which is in the root of the internal drive of the handset) and paste it to a dedicated SD card).
How to flash SlimBean ROM on GT-S7500
- The tutorial can, at last, start now. You need to download Google Apps archive from this page and on your notebook and then plug the smartphone to the laptop.
- With that in mind, this task comes next: copy paste the custom ROM file and the Gapps from the PC to the memory card of the Ace Plus S7500, then power the phone off.
- Boot the handset into Recovery Mode by taking this easy route: hold down Home, Volume Up, Volume Down and Power at the same time.
- Create a NANDroid backup now using this guide; this action requires you to opt for Backup&Restore and, after choosing that, you need to also select Backup.
- For the next part of the guide you have to choose the following: Factory Reset/Wipe Data and Wipe Cache Partition.
- After the three wiping tasks have all been successfully completed, you can finally opt for Install zip from memory card and after that for Choose zip from memory card; after you spot the SD card’s files and folders, you have to choose the CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM. Then confirm its flashing on your device; tap “Yes” for that.
- After you see that the file is on the smartphone, you need to choose the two options used for the wiping of your phone’s data, then install the Google Apps by repeating the actions done for the flashing of the other file.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The phone is finally installed with the two necessary files for its update. So now you should go to the Recovery and opt for the phone’s restarting option.
After the device restarts, the SlimBean ROM 3.1.0 will begin to apply all its neat features, options and such on the smartphone.
NOTE: In case the new ROM does not make you happy, you can go back to the old one with ease. Here is how: return to Recovery Mode, choose Backup & Restore and opt for Restore when you see another screen.
Have a blast with your updated Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.