A custom ROM needs ClockworkMod Recovery in order to install itself on a smartphone or tablet and bring the latest in operating systems. This time we thought of telling you how to root and install such a tool on the Samsung Galaxy R I9103. The custom ROM which will make all of this possible is ODIN.
To use it, you first have to start the USB debugging mode, perform a full backup, charge the handset, verify if your device is factory unlocked and download the appropriate USB drivers.
First you have to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your smartphone. Below is how to do that.
to flash CWM Recovery
- The first action you need to do is download the archive on your PC.
- Then, for the second step, you have to unzip the CWM archive and download ODIN v1.85.
- For the third step you have to do the following: turn the Galaxy R I9103 on and enter in Download Mode using the well known method: selecting at the same time the Volume Down and Home buttons.
- For step 4 you have to select and to keep pressed the Power button until the triangle and the Android logo appear on the display.
- Then, for step number 5, you need to select the Power button. Next up: verify if the appropriate USB drivers are installed on the laptop you use.
- Step 6: launch ODIN on the comp.
- Step 7 says the following: access the Download mode, then connect the phone to your computer. You must wait until the ID:COM message becomes yellow.
- Step number 8 goes like this: select the cwm_220.127.116.11_for_i9103.rar file on your phone and choose the PDA option.
- Step 9: select the .tar archive and, while in ODIN, look at the F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options. While still in ODIN, select the Start button.
- For the next step you will see the handset restarting.
- Step 11: look for the home screen and, when you spot it, unplug the handset from your laptop.
How to root the phone
- Open your laptop and download the following: . Once this is done, connect the phone’s USB memory on the PC you use; this action needs the phone’s USB cable. Move the Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip archive to the phone’s internal memory card.
- Step 2: switch the Galaxy R I9103 off.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 3: unplug the USB cord and, by turning the phone on, select at the same time the keys for Home, Volume Up and Power. When you get in ClockworkMod recovery you have to look at the bottom of the screen until you will see the “Flash zip from SD card” message.
- For the fourth step you need to select the Power button, because this helps you to activate the “Flash zip from SD card” option. When you are done with that, press the Power key.
- Step 5: select the “Choose zip from SD Card” option. After that you must use the Volume buttons to select the Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip archive file.
- Step 6: choose that file by pressing the key for Power and confirm this. What comes next is this: navigate to “+++++Go Back“.
- Step 7: reboot your handset using the Recovery mode option, then Restart.
After 5 minutes, the Galaxy R I9103 will will have finished the rooting process.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.