HTC One has been awarded a special place in today’s post where we deal with the steps needed to flash it with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. We are using a custom ROM that is named Orio One.
The perks of this tool are many; here are only some of them: better performance, smoother and faster user interface, better memory and longer battery life.
guide will now turn its attention to the following requirements: root the HTC One and flash a custom recovery image on it, turn on USB debugging, configure Fastboot and ADB on your laptop, use the model which is factory unlocked, install USB Drivers for this particular phone on your comp, charge the battery it has and create backups of the existing data (so that you will be able to use it long after the procedure is over).
The duty we had to tell you of these pre-requisites is followed by another one, which is to write the steps that are going to install the Android 4.1.2 on your smartphone.
- Here goes nothing: download, for step one, on your laptop.
- Unzip the files that are on it, especially one called boot.img. Plug the handset to your laptop and move the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM archive to the SD card of the HTC One, after which you need to do as follows: copy and paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- If you’ve finished doing that, step three will need these to be performed: switch the One off, enter it in Bootloader Mode (by switching the handset off while pressing + holding together Power and Volume Down), then go to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Launch the Command Line.
- Step five: type
fastboot flash boot boot.img
and press Enter.
- Step six: enter
and press Enter again.
- For step seven you should follow a bunch of prompts, then choose Bootloader.
- Go to Recovery and opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data with the key for Power. The smartphone is going to operate a complete data wipe for you. Now choose Wipe Cache Partition and also opt for Wipe Dalvik Cache once you have gained access to “Advanced” from the phone’s Recovery Menu.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Once the wipe of the device’s dalvik cache has been completed, you need to proceed to the ninth step that says the following: return to the device’s main Recovery Screen, choose Install zip from SD card and then opt for Choose zip from SD card.
- Step ten will need you to use the Volume buttons so that you can access the Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file.
- To choose this file, click on Power and then confirm the flashing once another screen comes into view. Wait for the procedure to be over, then go to ++++Go Back++++.
- Step twelve will put an end to this guide by requesting this from you: opt for the system restarting when you are in the phone’s Recovery Menu.
Google’s Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is ready to be used on your HTC One thanks to a custom called Orio One.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.