Galaxy S4 I9500 has a date with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMGA official firmware in today’s post. The tool was released because its developer wanted to improve user experience.
The way to do that was by including new apps and features, getting rid of bugs, bringing faster speed along with more stability and so on. Also, by using this firmware, your handset is sure to get its root access back in an easier way.
efforts will be well-paid if you consider these pre-requisites:
- don’t root your phone if it is unrooted;
- don’t install a custom recovery image on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500;
- turn on USB Debugging by launching Settings, choosing Applications, opting for Development and then selecting USB Debugging;
- charge the battery which comes with your handset;
- create a backup for the data that you use on a daily basis;
- create a full NANDroid backup after you make a normal one, using this tutorial;
- use a computer or a notebook that operates on Windows;
- use only your Galaxy S4 I9500 from Samsung;
- don’t discard the USB cable of your phone, because you will need it for this tutorial;
- open your laptop and make sure no antivirus software is enabled on it;
- do the same for the smartphone.
This guide here is also able to bring your phone’s warranty back on it. The exact way to do that is this: downgrade your handset to the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version, something that we will show you how to achieve via this tutorial.
The requirements we introduced before will be followed by the steps that contribute to your device’s update. All of the steps must be followed in the exact order we give them to you.
How to flash XXUBMGA
- Your first job is to find Samsung KIES, the (or you can choose a file for another country, via the search field, on that site) then Odin tool (available here). After they are located, you should download them on your notebook (the Samsung KIES will flash USB Drivers for your handset).
- Extract the Odin tool archive and the official firmware on the laptop’s desktop, then open the Odin on the notebook. The next steps to consider:
– power the Galaxy S4 I9500 off;
– enter your phone into Download Mode.
- The latter task needs to be operated in the following manner:
– press + simultaneously hold Volume Down + Power + Home;
– wait to see the device boot into the Download Mode.
- Take the USB cable we mentioned in the requirements; use it to plug the phone to your laptop and you will see two signs of a successful connection:
– “Added” will pop up on the device’s display;
– a blue (or yellow) ID:COM port will also appear on the screen.
- But in some cases, neither of those will be displayed. If such is the case, you need to redo the guide after you flash the USB drivers again; you can also try using another USB port.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Then stay in Odin and opt for PDA, after which you should choose the update file and then tap START. By clicking on this button, you will witness the flashing of the XXUBMG9_I9500OJVBMG9_XSG.zip archive begin on your phone. As the end of the installation approaches, you have to wait for PASS to come on the screen. When you spot this message, you need to disconnect the handset from your laptop.
- Restart the Galaxy S4 I9500 after you do that. Your phone has just been updated to the Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBMGA official firmware!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.