Galaxy S3 I9300 is the smartphone which we shall upgrade today to Moto X Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware. We picked this model because there are many owners who wish to see it updated.
As such, stick around to find out how to land your phone with Moto X boot animation, default Android 4.3 keyboard, HD voice quality, battery tweaks, Init.d support, support for multi user profiles and many other new features.
The tool we will upgrade your device with is also zipaligned and rooted. After the Moto X Stock Android 4.2.2 custom ROM ends up on your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, you will deal with an improved handset. Its battery, overall performance, features and such will all be great and enhanced.
a quick update, we need you to first consider this list of pre-requisites:
- root the device;
- charge the battery which comes with the handset;
- turn on USB Debugging by opening Settings, choosing Applications then Development and clicking on USB Debugging next;
- make backups so that the data on your device is well-preserved for the upgrade’s success.
How to update S3 with Motorola Moto X firmware
- When you finish reading the requirements, you have to power your PC or laptop on. Then look for these packages to download and save on the latter: Google Apps archive (available here) and Motorola Moto X custom ROM archive (the link will be available very soon). If you are done saving them both on the laptop’s or comp’s desktop, you should next do as follows: plug the handset to the notebook, then move the files from the desktop to the phone’s SD card root where they must stay.
- After you are done with that, you should continue by unplugging the devices from each other after the previous transfer, then boot the phone into Recovery Mode by using two different ways if one of them fails. So you can either enter the handset into that mode by pressing + holding, at the same time, Volume Up and Home while at the same time powering the phone on; or you can boot into the Recovery Mode through ROM Manager, which is an application used especially for this sort of things.
- Once everything is performed, you have to remain in that mode. Then opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, for Wipe Cache Partition and after that choose Wipe Dalvik Cache. These options will wipe the data inside your Galaxy S3 I9300 so that you can afterwards opt for Install zip from SD card.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Next up: flash the two packages on your phone by selecting each of them. Wait for the installation to end, then opt for +++Go Back+++; after this is done, you should choose the “Restart” button and have patience till your phone restarts into the update firmware.
NOTICE: The end of the process should take about 5 minutes tops. If it requires more waiting time, it means that your device is going through a boot loop. To end it, you have to do the following: power your handset off first and after that redo the guide.
Once the Galaxy S3 I9300 reboots, it shall have the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Moto X custom ROM on it. The place where the firmware will be is the device’s About Phone; the latter can be opened by going to your handset’s Settings. Enjoy the upgrade!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.