Time to announce something great: HTC One M7 International variant is ready to be upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.3 Maximus HD (12.1.0) custom ROM which has just leaked online.
This recent update comes with OTA improvements, stability, Sense 5.0, it is deodexed, you will be able to get rid of unnecessary apps, fixed SU, improved battery life for your phone, Bluetooth 4.0 LTE support and so on. The model which can be updated to this firmware are M7_U, M7 from AT&T, M7_UL and M7 from T-Mobile.
the list of features and what else to expect from this upgrade, you can now settle on these requirements:
- root the device;
- install a custom recovery image on it (either TWRP or CWM Recovery works just as fine);
- unlock your phone (or make sure the device has s-off);
- save all the important data on your handset with a backup;
- find and then flash USB drivers for your phone on your notebook;
- charge the smartphone’s battery;
- turn on UB Debugging on it.
How to flash Maximus ROM on your phone
- Then look for this to download on your laptop: (file name: HTC_One_-MaximusHD_12.1.0.zip). Now plug your devices to each other; use, for this step, the USB cord that ships together with your phone.
- Then send the update file from your notebook to the phone’s SD card root and disconnect the handset from it after the copy and paste process ends.
- Now power the phone off and then have it enter Recovery Mode by way of the following actions: press + hold Volume Down + Power at the same time, wait for the display of the phone to flash, go to “Recovery” from HBOOT menu via Volume Down, then opt for this mode by pressing Power.
- In case you haven’t performed a NANDroid backup by now, do it this instant by following these steps: opt for “Backup&Restore“, wait for a second screen to pop up, then choose “Backup“.
- When this backup is done, you need to return to the Recovery menu and operate some tasks whose purpose is the wiping of your device’s system. So make sure you choose “Factory Reset/Wipe Data” first, confirm by tapping “Yes”, go back to the Recovery menu, opt for “Wipe Cache Partition” and then for “Wipe Dalvik Cache“.
- As soon as you have done all of the above tasks, you must return to the phone’s Recovery menu and, from there, look for “Install zip from SD card” and afterwards for “Choose zip from SD card“.
- Opt for both of these options, then choose the new ROM zip file with “Power”. Confirm, then make sure to go back to the Recovery menu after the flashing of the file has reached its end.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Now take care to reboot the One M7 by choosing the “Restart” option. After the phone is finally updated, the leaked Jelly Bean 4.3 Maximus HD custom ROM will appear in your device’s “About Phone“.
NOTE: Remaining stuck in a boot loop or a booting animation may happen during the upgrade process. To prevent this from ruining the whole experience, you should opt for the following and afterwards restart the phone: “Wipe Cache Partition” together with “Wipe Dalvik Cache“.
Perform these actions several times before you reboot the HTC One M7. You should also know this: if the phone’s new ROM does not appeal to you, you can return to the old ROM. Like this: boot the handset into the Recovery Mode, then choose “Backup&Restore“. When you see a list emerge o the phone’s touchscreen, look for the ROM you miss and opt for it to get it back on the smartphone.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.