Motorola Atrix HD for AT&T has to go through an upgrade to show its owner that it’s capable of so much more than it currently is.
So without further ado, we give you today’s guide: how to update your Atrix HD to CM10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly ROM.
enjoy what an update has to deliver for your handset, you need to be careful of the following:
- launch your laptop and install, on it, USB drivers for the phone;
- charge the battery of your handset;
- make a backup via these instructions (apart from the usual sort, you need to create a NANDroid backup as well);
- use the bootloader and carrier unlocked Motorola Atrix HD MB886;
- enable the option called USB Debugging.
Don’t skip the above requirements. Also, be sure to follow the next step zealously; if one of them is glossed over, you will not get an upgraded phone.
How to flash CyanogenMod on Atrix HD
- After you’ve just turned your laptop on for one of our pre-requisites, you need to open your Internet browser. Then do a search for these: Gapps archive (with its gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip file name) and .
- Once they’ve been located, download each of them on your notebook. Once they feature on the latter’s desktop, do this: grab a tight hold of the phone and its USB cord; now use the latter instrument to connect the phone to your comp.
- Then take the files from above from your notebook and dump them both on the handset’s SD card root; by the way: neither of the files needs an unzipping, so leave them alone.
- Now make sure you complete the following task: unplug the smartphone from the laptop after the copy + paste task has ended.
- Switch your Atrix HD MB886 off and then make it reach Safestrap Recovery by doing what we tell you to: switch the device on, wait for the display of the phone to have the manufacturer’s splash display. Then wait for a Safestrap screen to also appear; now see if this one displays a red “Safestrap Disabled“.
- Now find Recovery; tap on it. After that you will be shown the Safestrap Recovery Mode. So move on by operating several needed tasks of system wiping. Choose, for starters, this option: “Factory reset/Wipe data“.
- Confirm it, then go to the Recovery Menu where you will see and opt for this: “wipe cache partition”. Now go to “Advance“; choose “Wipe Dalvik cache” and you are done. Time to choose “Install zip from SD card“.
- Next step: opt for “Choose zip from SD card“. After you use “Power” to choose the cm-10.2-20130821-NIGHTLY-mb886.zip file, you should also confirm this.
- Now that you have this file on the phone, go to the Google Apps .zip file. Install it using the same tactic you adopted just now for the flashing of the main upgrade firmware.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Return to the phone’s Recovery Menu next. Then choose the option that shall restart your handset into the CM10.2 Nightly ROM. Which, if you cannot find after the rebooting of the phone, it’s in “About Phone“.
And that was all. Use the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean CM10.2 custom ROM to get only great things out of your Motorola Atrix MB886!
If, however, you feel like this is not the right tool for you: boot the device into the Recovery Mode, opt for “Backup & Restore“, wait for a list to be displayed and then opt for the ROM you are after from it.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.