Not only can Galaxy
Grand Duos GT-I9082 be rooted, it can also be updated. In this tutorial we will discuss the possibility of your phone getting Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with XXUBMHB official firmware.
The update was launched by Samsung especially for owners who live in Southeast Asia. They will, via this tool, receive a Daydream screensaver mode, fresh widgets, numerous new features and many other new stuff which are featured on the manufacturer’s Galaxy S4 version.
The new firmware is going to find its way on your handset after you are done with our guide. In it, you will first run across some pre-requisites. Here they are:
- turn on USB Debugging;
- use the carrier + factory unlocked model;
- make backups, using this method;
- flash USB drivers for your handset on the notebook;
- download Odin tool v3.07 from this place and the (file name: I9082XXUBMHB_I9082OLBBMH7_XSE.zip) on your PC. You should remember that the new update is available for the Asian clients: Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam;
- charge your smartphone’s battery.
How to flash the new firmware on your Grand Duos
- Look around for a tool that is able to unzip the contents of the two packages you downloaded on your notebook. After the files are extracted, you will have to see if these two feature on your notebook’s desktop: Odin tool v3.07.exe and .tar.md5.
- Once you make sure they are, indeed, on your PC, you can proceed with the next step, asking you to power the Samsung i9082 off and afterwards aid it reach Download Mode. To enter this mode, you should press and hold, at the same time, the following buttons: Volume Down + Home + Power. After Android displays its logo, you should press Volume Up.
- After the phone is in the Download Mode, launch the Odin as Administrator on your notebook, then plug the handset to your laptop.
- The success of the connection phase will be signaled by a message and a yellow COM port number; the message should be this one: “Added!!“. But if the phone and your laptop are not successfully connected between one another, you have to use a different USB port; or take the USB drivers and flash them again.
- Once the plugging turn out fine, you can go on by doing as follows: click on “PDA“, opt for an .md5 or for a .tar file, tap “Phone“, select a MODEM file, tap “CSC“, select a CSC file, tap “PIT” and opt for a .pit file.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The next few steps are these: select Re-partition (for the .pit file), F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. The Android 4.2.2 XXUBMHB firmware will now have to end up on your Grand Duos I9082; so tap “Start” and wait for the installation to complete.
- You will know that the flashing went well if the handset reboots and then displays “Pass” on the screen. Next thing to perform: disconnect the phone from your notebook and go to “Settings“, tap “About phone” and look for the update firmware.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Here is what needs to be done if the smartphone is stuck in a booting animation: enter the Grand Duos I9082 into Recovery Mode, opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, choose Wipe Cache Partition and finish by doing the following: restart the handset by opting for the appropriate option. The once annoying issue is nowhere to be found.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.