Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) GT-N5110 can finally support the recently leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by means of firmware called XXCMG2.
Which is official, by the way, and should be flashed only on the tablet we included in today’s tutorial.
we request from you for this guide is that you follow some requirements and then some steps that will update your device to the tool it needs for that.
Here are the pre-requisites: use the carrier and factory unlocked Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110, turn on USB Debugging, make backups (you can use this tutorial), flash USB drivers for the tablet on your notebook and charge the battery inside this model.
How to flash XXCMG2 on Galaxy Note 8.0
After a quick list of pre-requisites, you should go ahead and follow the appropriate steps for the upgrade of your N5110 in the best way possible.
- The step that should start it all is this: download (file name: N5110XXCMG2_N5110OXACMG2_OXA.rar) and then Odin tool on your laptop. Unzip each of the previous zip files on the desktop of the PC and then these files are going to come on the comp soon: .tar.md5 and then Odin v3.07.exe.
- For the next part of the tutorial, which is entering the tablet into Download Mode, your device has to be powered off; now press and hold, at the same time, Volume Down and Home, then tap Power and wait for the Galaxy N5110 to come to life, which means that you can now press Volume Up and your handset will reach into Download Mode.
- Return to the laptop now. Then run the Odin on it as Admin.
- We now need you to do this: plug the tablet to your notebook and have patience; the device will try to find the device. It will tell you if that happened when you see the following: “Added!!” followed by a yellow ID:COM box. In the eventuality that the plugging was not at all successful, you should make use of a different USB port or flash the USB Drivers once again.
- Then make sure you don’t forget to perform the actions below:
– click on PDA and then select CODE_N5110XXCMG2_1031850_REV01_user_low_ship.tar
– click on CSC, then opt for CSC_OXA_N5110OXACMG2_1031850_REV01_user_mid_noship.tar
– tap PIT and select a kona_wifi.pit file.
- The following tasks you need to perform are these: opt for F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Repartition while you are in Odin and after that continue by tapping START.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The update firmware will be on its way to your Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110 soon. You will have to do as follows after the flashing is over: wait for the handset to restart and then to display PASS. The tablet is now ready to be unplugged from your laptop’s grasp, so do that for now and then go to the “About phone” and verify the existence of the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXCMG2 official firmware.
NOTE: The guide, if followed step by step, will not make you run into trouble. But still, in case the tablet cannot get itself unstuck from boot animation, you have to go to Recovery Mode, operate Factory Reset/Wipe Data, then opt for Wipe Cache Partition and end by rebooting the device.
If there is any other issue you cannot solve on your own, then leave a comment and we’ll get back at you! Until that’s the case, enjoy the updated N5110.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.