The newest official firmware to be unleashed on owners of Xperia SP C530X is Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 12.0.A.2.245. Among the features that you have not had on your handset before you will discover new apps, a transparent notification bar, improved battery life and so much more.
There are many ways to have this update on your smartphone. You can either get it manually, via Sony PC Companion/Sony Bridge or by the use of OTA. Each of them will be discussed in this tutorial, so you choose which one you prefer or find easier to complete.
them to work with success, you need to look at the following pre-requisites:
- charge the phone’s battery if it is the case for that;
- use the Xperia SP C530X only;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- use a laptop or a personal comp which uses Windows as an operating system;
- create a normal and a full NANDroid backup for your phone (using this tutorial);
- download and then save, on the notebook, USB Drivers for this phone.
Flash 12.0.A.2.245 firmware via the PC Companion/Sony Bridge method
The first method we will choose for the update is the Sony PC Companion/Sony Bridge.
- Here is the first step: download / on the notebook and plug the phone to it.
- Launch this tool on the laptop and then search for this message: “New Firmware Upgrade is available“; look for it in the Sony Bridge/Sony PC Companion home.
- Then move on by doing as follows: tap “Firmware Upgrade“. Now wait for a box containing terms and conditions; when you spot it, make sure to check it.
- Then tap “Start Upgrade” and wait a bit. At the end of the upgrade, the phone is going to reboot on its own.
- At this point, your Xperia SP C530X is updated. See if this is true by launching “Settings“, accessing “About phone” and then tapping “Baseband&Android version“.
Install the update via OTA
Get the update with the help of OTA by checking out the following tutorial.
- Begin it by finding the Apps Drawer on your phone.
- Then move on by opting for “Settings” and after that be sure to go to “About Phone” and choose it.
- Follow this action up by choosing “System“, then “Software update” and then wait for an update to become available. When you see that, you have to start the flashing of the update file by pressing “OK”.
- After the handset reboots, the update firmware will be on your device.
Update the phone using the Sony Flash Tool
You can now find out how to grab the update manually via Sony Flash Tool.
- For starters, you have to download Sony Flash Tool and on the PC. Go to a C:/Flashtool/drivers/ directory.
- There, flash Flashtool-drivers and then check the box where you will see the name of the phone you own as well as Flashmode Drivers.
- You should now plug the Xperia SP C530X to the comp and download .ftf.
- Copy it to the C:/flashtool/firmwares/ directory. Now tap on an icon with a lightning drawn on it; then tap “flashmode”. Tap “OK” and wait for a window to pop up.
- Check, on the right sidebar, these three boxes: Data, Cache and Appslog. Opt for the *.ftf at the source folder.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Install that by tapping “Flash” and then follow certain guidelines that shall appear on the screen. They will ask you to do as follows: disconnect the devices, turn the phone off and boot it into Flash Mode.
- Then plug the handset to the PC and have patience until you witness the end of the installation phase, as shown by a “Flashing finished” message.
- Turn the gadget on. The new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware is sported by your Xperia SP C530X now!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.