Samsung’s Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 (from AT&T) is one of the smartphones which has many custom ROMs created especially for it. Such an example is Jedi Invasion.
This tool is powered by Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. But how to install it on your I747? Easy: by reading our tutorial.
find out what you need to do beforehand: root the Galaxy S3 (via our own guide), see if it is unlocked, activate the USB debugging, install CWM Recovery, charge it if the battery is almost empty, save your important data and make as many backups as you feel like.
- Step one to perform in order to on your handset tells you to grab the file online, move the archive to the internal memory card of the SGH-I747 and then turn the latter off.
- Step two needs you to restart the phone in a mode called Recovery like this: select and keep pressed at the same time the keys for Home, Volume Up and Power until you see the touchscreen coming alive. Now tap on Factory Reset/Wipe Data and choose Yes to have this action confirmed.
- Step 3 asks you to tap on Go Back and then opt for Mounts&Storage; now wait for the next option to appear.
- When it does that, the fourth step requires you to choose Format system and confirm it, too.
- Step 5: choose Go Back, tap on Install zip from SD card and a screen will appear.
- Press Choose zip from SD card when that screen comes on and afterwards search the location where the file was placed on the phone’s memory card, at the first step. Opt for this file and conform that the file is what you need for this process.
- Step seven prompts you to select Go Back and afterwards choose Wipe Cache Partition; confirm this by choosing Yes.
- Click on Go Back and select an option called Advanced. Next: choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]For the ninth step, do the following: tap on Yes to have the previous action performed.
- Step number ten needs you to select Go Back. Choose Advanced. Click on Fix Permissions and tap on Yes.
- Step eleven instructs you to opt for, once again, Go Back. Follow this operation with clicking on Reboot System Now and wait approximately 8-9 minutes. That’s how much the first boot needs. Now wait again, this time for the phone to open and for the operating system to launch.
- Step 12 tells you to have patience for about 15 minutes, then reboot the Galaxy S3 I747.
After the rebooting ends, the AT&T smartphone will, at last, feature the Jedi Invasion custom ROM.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.