“How to install Shendu Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Huawei U8860 Honor” is a very valid question; and it’s also the theme of today’s tutorial.
The answer that we prepared is joined by the usual pre-requisites that every owner of this phone should know about; and then we have the actual steps to follow so that everything goes the intended way. We hope our explanations are written in an enjoyable way. And that everyone gets to install the ROM in an easy manner.
a look at these requirements first: use a Huawei U8860 Honor that’s been rooted and factory unlocked, have ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP installed on it, charge its battery, find the USB drivers that were developed for this handset and install them asap on your laptop, turn on USB Debugging and then create a backup.
Now that we’ve explained what is needed before the actual tutorial, see below for the steps which shall install the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your smartphone.
- The guide opens with step number one. By following it, you have to do as follows: download to your laptop.
- When the file is where it’s supposed to be, plug the handset to your computer and follow the second step; this one is all about you copying and pasting the Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file from your laptop to the root, on the memory card of the U8860 Honor.
- After the phone is done with the transfer, you should move to the third step telling you to power the smartphone off. This needs to happen so that the latter is booted into Recovery Mode. A bunch of prompts will appear after the phone finds itself in that Mode.
- Step four will instruct you to follow all those prompts, then opt for BOOTLOADER.
- For the fifth step you will have to find RECOVERY, then wipe data and then choose Flash zip from SD card by pressing Power.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Another option will need to be chosen; this one is called Choose zip from SD card and the button you need to use to select it is Power. Opt for the Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file by pressing Power and then confirm when you are asked to do so.
- In step number seven the installation will debut and when it’s done you will need to go to +++++Go Back.
- Witness the phone rebooting after you’ve opted for Reboot system now from the device’s Recovery Menu.
If you’ve followed every step in this guide, your Huawei U8860 Honor should now sport the Shendu Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.