Have you tried various update tools for your Galaxy S3 i9300 and they haven’t brought the right results? Maybe you should take a look at our guide and see if it’s better than them.
In this guide we will show you the means to achieve the following firmware: Glance S4 custom ROM. The latter is especially kick-ass since it is completely based on the user interface of the Galaxy S4 smartphone. Which means that your Galaxy S3 i9300 will experience the UI of that model.
But you won’t be limited to only that: the Glance S4 custom ROM can bring the options, features, apps and much more that only the Galaxy S4 boasts. All of these new additions will basically do a lot of good to your smartphone. They will breathe improved life to the handset’s battery unit, you will have endless ways to improve the looks of your phone, its performance, its feel and so much more.
the route to getting the recommended custom ROM on the phone has a stop first. And it’s embodied by something known as requirements. They are displayed in the following paragraph:
- root the device before you follow our update steps;
- get TWRP or CWM on the phone;
- on your laptop;
- create a certain number of backups (they will make sure that the data on your device stays unaltered after the phone is updated);
- turn on USB Debugging on the Galaxy S3 i9300;
- remember to open your laptop and then turn off its pre-flashed security software;
- then return to your handset and repeat what you just did for your notebook on this device;
- charge the battery of the smartphone in case it’s empty.
Now, before you learn how to upgrade your phone the right way, take care of the following: if you decide to root the device after you’ve updated it, the device’s warranty will be lost, so you will have to retrieve it by either upgrading the phone to Android 4.3 JB or by applying stock Android firmware.
- Now that you know all of this, you can go ahead and update your phone to the new ROM with the help of the following steps.
- Leave the Glance S4 file unzipped after you’ve saved it on your PC’s desktop, then plug the phone to the notebook. After that, make sure to move the file from the laptop to the SD card root of the Galaxy S3 i9300.
- After you are done with the said transfer, you can disconnect the devices from one another and then power the smartphone off. These actions are needed for the next step which tells you this: enter the handset in Recovery, then opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data and then for Wipe Cache Partition.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Once these data wiping actions have been performed, time to do the following: select Advance, opt for Wipe Dalvik Cache and then go back to your phone’s Recovery Menu to opt for Install zip from SD card.
- Next move: select Choose zip from SD card, go to the update file and flash it by choosing it. After you witness the flashing of the Glance custom ROM, you have to restart the Galaxy S3 i9300. The smartphone is now upgraded. But, if it isn’t and your handset is stuck in a boot loop instead, we recommend you the following solution: go back to your phone’s Recovery Menu, opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, choose Wipe Cache Partition and restart the device.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.