We have already told you how
to root Motorola’s Droid RAZR HD XT926 (Verizon). All that was left was to make a tutorial on how to install a custom recovery image on this phone. Which we’ll do today. You can either install TeamWin Recovery Project or ClockworkMod Recovery.
As usual, you’ll need some pre-requisites. They’re as follows: and . Root the smartphone, then see if its battery needs a full charging. Lastly: make sure the handset has an unlocked bootloader.
- Open the ES File Explorer using the default App Drawer that’s on the Droid RAZR HD XT926 (Verizon). Launch the Apps menu, find Settings, search and tap on Root Settings.
- Step two: enable the phone’s Root Explorer.
- Step 3: you will be asked for root access; allow it, then activate Mount File System and Up to Root.
- Step 4: return to the app interface and tap on Up; stop only when you see “acct”, “cache” and such. Launch a folder called /system/etc and then give Recovery.SH another name.
- For step five you will have to go to your laptop, download Fastboot archive unzip the files in it.
- Step 6: put the Fastboot archive content into a dedicated folder, on the laptop’s desktop and wait until the custom recovery options appear. You will need to opt for either the ClockworkMod Recovery one or the TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP). The former works better for pros, while the latter is more user-friendly. After you choose one of them, you will have to switch the phone off.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 7: restart the handset into BOOT Mode Selection; do it like this: keep pressed at the same time the keys labelled Volume Down, Volume Up and Power. Choose AP Fastboot by tapping on Volume; the option can be loaded via the Power key. Download one of the two options for your custom recovery image, then plug the smartphone to the computer with the aid of the former’s USB cable.
- Step number 8 will require you to wait for the drivers to be installed on your laptop. After that ends, access the Fastboot folder and start the command line via this method. Press Shift and use right click in the empty area of the Fastboot directory. Then opt for Open command window here. This action is going to start the Command line.
- Step 9: enter the following command lines in it:
fastboot devices (to display your handset’s ID);
fastboot flash recovery cw-recovery-vanquish.img (to install CWM Recovery);
fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-vanquish.img (for the installation of the TWRP);
fastboot reboot-bootloader (this is going to boot the device into BOOT Mode Selection Menu). Now opt for Recovery. The Droid RAZR HD XT926 is going to restart into either the TeamWin Recovery Project or into the ClockworkMod Recovery one.
- Disconnect the handset from your laptop and choose Restart when you are sure the TWRP/CWM mode is working.
- The smartphone will start normally.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.