Samsung’s Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 is one of those tablets which should be among your top choices if you’re after a new gadget. If you’re already owning this model, then you probably heard that if you install a custom ROM on it, you will experience new possibilities.
Thus the performance and general user experience will be superior to what you saw before. There is such a tool that makes all of this happen. Its name: CM10.1 Nightly Android 4.2.2. Yup, this custom ROM is going to make sure your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 makes use of the latest Android version from Google.
The sort of features that this new CyanogenMod offers include, but are not limited to, the following: support for your tablet, the possibility to play with various root-only apps, the option of grabbing other custom ROMs and so on.
tutorial will bring you all the steps without which there can be no update. First, though, come some requirements. Their presence here is equally pivotal to the success of our guide. Here is how they sound like: download and Google Apps, from here (you must choose the file labelled gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip) on your computer and then charge the battery of the tablet if you notice that it’s completely empty. Don’t forget to make backups with the tablet’s important data and settings.
Once you are done with the pre-requisites above, you should start this tutorial with step one below.
- Here is what it says: plug the gadget to your laptop with the former’s USB cord. Then copy the CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Nightly file to the memory card of the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000. Now unplug the device from your comp.
- Step two will tell you to turn the tablet off. Boot it into Recovery Mode. The right actions to follow so that this happens are the following: press and hold, at the same time, the buttons for Home, Volume Up and Power alike; then wait for the display to come on and, when it does that, let go of all of the keys.
- For the following step, the third, you will need to do as follows: generate a full NANDroid backup of the present ROM using this guide (if you haven’t until now). To do this: opt for Backup&Restore and, as soon as a second screen appears, choose Backup.
- Return to the main recovery menu and then opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data. Confirm this, then have patience till this operation ends.
- Step five will need you to return to the main recovery menu, select Wipe Cache Partition along with Wipe Dalvik Cache and then opt for the installation of the archive from the memory card.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The sixth step looks like this: select Choose zip from SD card; when done, opt for the CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Nightly archive with Power.
- In step seven you will have to confirm the latter action. The flashing of the ROM shall now commence. The gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip needs to be installed, too. So just repeat step six (from “opt for the”, but replace the cm-10.1- etc. zip file with the one you want to install). Now both zip files are on the Note 10.1 GT-N8000 and you should find your way back to the main recovery menu.
- Choose the system restarting. That will make sure that the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is on your tablet via the CM 10.1 Nightly custom ROM.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.