To root a device of your wanting you need to have it partnered with a custom recovery image. Because if you don’t, you will never get it rooted the ideal way. Two options you should consider are these: ClockworkMod Recovery and TeamWin Recovery Project.
Which are better known as the CWM Recovery and the TWRP. The latter can only be installed on your Exhibit 4G SGH-T679 made by Samsung for T-Mobile if the former is already there. The guide here makes it its job to show you how to get this tool. Then, if you want the TeamWin
Recovery Project, learn how to install it with our previous tutorial.
The decision to have the CWM Recovery on the phone means many things. A couple of them are these: getting the latest version of your dream operating system and flashing one or more custom ROMs to better enjoy your device.
Since these are only some of the possibilities, we cordially invite you to read this guide if you want to discover all of them. But, however impatient you are, you shouldn’t forget to read these requirements: have a rooted Galaxy Exhibit 4G T679 and find out if the battery needs recharging or not. You must backup all your private data and your device’s settings.
Here are the steps that open up new and exciting vistas.
- The first is as follows: find, in Google Play, and install it.
- Then on your laptop; the exact spot: the desktop. After each of the files which are in the CWM zip file find their place on the computer, you need to look for the one known as recovery.img.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Then follow our very own third step, which says this: connect the Exhibit 4G to the laptop and then move the recovery.img to the memory card which is implemented on the handset.
- In order to move on with this guide, do what the fourth prompt asks you to, which is very easy: the smartphone and the laptop have to be disconnected from each other. When they’re free from one another, you have to go to the Terminal Emulator app and open it.
- Step five will need you to do as follows: enter, into it,
dd if=./recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
- The next step, number six, will prompt you to perform the operation of waiting for the recovery to be installed.
- When the CWM Recovery is on the Exhibit 4G, you should continue with the seventh step: type in
This will make it possible to see the effect the recovery mode has on your smartphone.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.