Galaxy S2 I9100 is the smartphone we opted for in order to show you how to update it with Biftor ROM. And how to get rid of security bugs with this tool which bases itself on stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLSJ.
The sort of features, apps and so on that are wrapped inside the tool are sure to improve the phone’s performance, the way it looks, the battery life, improved stability and such.
this set of requirements in mind before you start the updating process:
- root the Galaxy S2 I9100 (which means that the warranty shall be gone, but you can bring it back if you downgrade the device to stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLSJ firmware);
- grab TWRP or CWM Recovery after the rooting has been completed;
- enable USB Debugging by launching, on your handset, Settings, then opening Applications, opting for Development and then choosing that compulsory option;
- create a backup out of the data on your smartphone;
- charge the battery that comes with the phone;
- use a laptop or a PC which is pre-installed with Windows;
- use only the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100;
- go to the computer or notebook and uninstall the software which protects it from threats;
- then go to your smartphone and do the same as above.
How to flash Biftor ROM on Galaxy S2
Your Galaxy S2 I9100 is, right as we speak, ready to be updated to the Biftor ROM.
- Find the update file meant for your handset, (file name: BiftormRom-V10-JB- XWLSW-No Wipe.zip) on the laptop; save it there, as well, then leave the file unzipped, because you will have to plug the handset to your notebook first.
- Then make sure to perform the following: move the update file from the PC’s desktop; then transfer it to the SD card root which is part of the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
- Unplug, at the end of this copy + paste session, the phone from the comp. Then power the former off so that you can successfully boot it into Recovery Mode.
- The latter action should be done as shown below:
– press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power simultaneously.
- Should your phone be in the Recovery Mode by now, you can do as follows: opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data and then for Wipe Cache Partition.
- Continue by selecting Wipe Dalvik Cache next, then go back to the main menu of your handset. If you’ve landed there already, you need to choose these important options: Install zip from SD card and after that the one which reads Choose zip from SD card.
- Now that you’re done with these tasks, you have to move on by choosing the update package. Click on START; the flashing of the Biftor ROM will commence in the next couple of seconds.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Have patience, because the installation of the update file will not be over in a heartbeat. After waiting enough, you will need to return to the Recovery Menu.
- Here are the options you need to choose once there: +++go back+++ followed by the system rebooting option. The Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is now upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Biftor custom ROM which will solve every single bug you’ve been complaining about till now.
After you make sure the tool is in your handset’s About Phone, your device is going to put on a great show thanks to this firmware. Which is why we’re telling you this: take a look at what novelties you will get to be exposed to from now on!
Should you fancy a return to the old operating system, you should go back to the Recovery, then apply the older OS version on your device again.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.