AOKP Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM is the perfect tool to be able to fully enjoy what the Android 4.1 operating system is all about. This custom ROM works more than well with the Samsung Galaxy S I9000. Today’s article will concentrate itself on how to get this helper on your smartphone.
need to create a backup for your device. Then your GT-I9000 has to have a firmware better known as XXJW4 on it. Once you made sure there is such an element on your phone, root it, but keep in mind that this is going to void the device’s warranty. A quick downgrading to the stock ROM will bring it back, though.
The next step is this one: get a custom recovery image. Among other requirements, you must realize that the battery on your Galaxy S GT-I9000 has to be fully charged. Another advice we have for you is the following: enable that option known as USB debugging. Finally, take every precautionary measure to ensure that the programs which keep your phone safe from viruses and such must be deactivated. And that’s about all you need to know before the actual ROM installation.
These steps are needed to get the AOKP Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM on a Samsung Galaxy S I9000. Use all of them in the correct order. Tough luck if you don’t, because your device will go crazy and you’ll need a specialist to have it running again.
- Verify if you have a laptop or a PC that sports the Windows OS. Then check your phone, see if it’s the correct model and hold on tight to its USB cord. This is step 1.
- Step 2 looks like this: download the AOKP update file and then save it on your laptop.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]For the third step you have to grab the phone and the USB cable that belongs to it; afterwards you need to connect the phone via its USB cord to the said laptop.
- Step 4: copy-paste the file from your comp to your phone and, after you’re done with this, take the USB cable off.
- In the fifth step you are instructed to switch the phone off.
- In step 6 you must reboot it; then enter in its Recovery mode. To be successful in this action: press the key for Volume Up and Center.
- Step 7 is the next one; for this one you need to wipe the system via Factory reset/Wipe data and Wipe cache partition. When you are finished with this action, press +++go back+++.
- Which will get you to the eighth step: choose Install zip from SD card and then Choose zip from SD card.
- Step 9 is the following: pick the downloaded file from before; then install it on the smartphone above and install the same on your phone.
- The last step is number 10. Here you have to opt for +++go back+++ and then Reboot system now. Should you notice something wrong, do the following: take the battery away, reinsert it, follow the same steps once again.
If you followed every step like we laid them down for you, then the AOKP Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM is now on your Galaxy S GT-I9000. Which means that you are now ready to fully enjoy the wonders of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system everyone’s raving about.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.