There’s an easy way of updating Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7106 to Google’s Android 4.3. And it’s all described in the post we prepared for today.
The most appropriate way to upgrade your device is by using firmware carefully created for it. By using this firmware on a different handset, you will brick it. But by using ZNUAND1 official firmware for your Samsung SM-G7106, you will get to enjoy everything about this OS version without damaging your phone. The new firmware was released for China this month. It’s not a version that comes with an activated KIES logo. Which should make you think of other ways, besides this guide, to ensure the presence of the Android 4.3 JB. If you don’t know, you can always make use of OTA. But only if the device is already running stock ROM.
If your smartphone doesn’t have a stock ROM, that’s fine: follow our guide because we don’t ask for one. However, we do ask you to consider this: upgrading a rooted device means some losses. You will not enjoy root access on the handset and the latter’s system partition will be erased. Except these two drawbacks, nothing else will happen to affect your smartphone. Its data as well as its internal and external SD cards won’t be damaged.
The advantages of having a phone featuring the new OS are many. They all make sure that the Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7106 takes full advantage of customization options, better battery, new apps and so much more. You will also notice the presence of new features and the lack of security problems.
have to pay attention to the following pre-requisites:
- download, on your laptop, the kind of USB drivers that are compatible with your phone;
- create backups;
- create a full NANDroid backup;
- USB Debugging needs to be activated on your smartphone;
- the battery of your Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7106 has to be charged;
- use a laptop which has Windows;
- turn off, on your laptop and your phone, the security software.
Step by step instructions
You can start the update now if you want.
- If you feel ready, go to this place and for your country on the notebook. Unzip it with WinRar next. Download, afterwards, Odin v3.09 on the notebook, too, from here. Extract it with the same tool.
- Odin v3.09.exe needs to be launched on your laptop after the unzipping of the previous package is over. Then, when all’s done, boot the smartphone in Download Mode by doing the following: after you press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down at the same time, a boot message will appear, so press Volume Up after you let go of the previous buttons.
- Having entered your phone in the mode we recommended, plug it to your notebook with its USB cable. Odin is going to go looking for the handset.
- As soon as it finds it, a blue sign will be issued so that you can move on. By moving on, we mean adding the firmware file to AP / PDA. Auto Reboot is a box you’ll have to check soon. Do the same for this one: F. Reset Time. But be sure to uncheck Re-partition afterwards.
- The ZNUAND1 official firmware has to enter an installation stage now. So tap “Start” to enable the process. This is going to take approximately 14 minutes. When you’re done waiting, your phone will have “Pass” written on its screen in green. Next thing you know, your Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7106 is going to reboot.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]This will indicate the fact that only one more step will have to be performed. This one needs you to unplug the two devices from each other. This is going to happen once the USB cord is not connecting them anymore. What comes next is this: tap Settings and then About Phone to get a feel of the new OS.
When none of it is the way you want it to be, you have the option of going back to the previous ROM. Helping you with this is the NANDroid backup file. Its presence, though, will revoke the upgrade process.
If any of you want to ask us something about the update, the box below is ready for them!
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.