Sony Xperia ZL is going to feature Android 4.2.2 for the very first time since the company released it. A developer recently came with a custom ROM known as PAC 22.1.0.
However, you should be careful if you want this on your phone, since the tool may come with bugs. But future updates will be sure to remove them in due time. Now let’s see a glimpse of a few of the features which will land on the device thanks to the PAC 22.1.0: PhoneUI, All-in-One ROM, everything that’s in AOKP and more.
update will happen if only you take care of the following requirements: root the Sony Xperia ZL and don’t forget to flash a custom recovery image, create backups of the data that’s currently on the phone, enable USB debugging on it, flash USB Drivers for this model on your laptop and charge its battery.
Should problems such as boot loop occur at any time during the tutorial, operate the following: a wipe cache partition and a wipe dalvik cache.
- Download and then GApps package (you should choose a file labelled gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip from here) on your computer.
- What needs to be performed for step two is as follows: plug the handset to laptop, copy the two files and paste them to the SD card of the ZL, then unplug the smartphone from the comp.
- Power the handset off and boot it into Recovery Mode by powering it on while pressing Volume Up. Now initiate a full NANDroid backup of the ROM on the phone by choosing Backup&Restore and opting for Backup when another screen appears.
- Step number 4 sounds like this: return to the phone’s main recovery menu and then select Factory reset/Wipe data, choose Yes and have patience till the device performs some data wiping. Return to the recovery main menu and opt for Wipe Cache Partition.
- Step five will need you to choose Wipe Dalvik Cache. When done with this, opt for Install zip from SD card.
- The sixth step will tell you the following: select the option saying Choose zip from SD card, then find the PAC 22.1.0 ROM file.
- Opt for this file by tapping on Power, then confirm its installation by opting for Yes – initiate the .zip archive installation. As soon as the flashing of the ROM is over, you should do the same as before; however, remember to select the GApps file this time.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step number eight is now present on our list; this one will ask you to return to the main recovery menu of the Sony Xperia ZL so that you can opt for the system restarting. Once you do that, the smartphone is going to reboot and then greet you with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean as its main operating system.
Experiencing the newest Android update can be all fun and giggles. But what can you do if you wish to return to the ROM that the device used to have before the update? Easy: boot the device into recovery, then be sure to opt for Backup and Restore after which you should choose the past ROM from a list that’ll pop on the screen.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.