If you have either Galaxy S2 I9100G or Galaxy S2 I9100, a good idea would be to flash SlimBean Build 7 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on it.
Among all the features you will get a taste of after you get the update file on the smartphone of your choice, you will come across these: solutions for the most common security issues, features that are part of ParanoidAndroid (and also of AOKP and CM10.1), Privacy Guard, updates for translations and many more.
your model is not the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 or the Galaxy S2 I9100G, then don’t follow our tutorial. Pre-requisites should now be mentioned: root your device first and install a custom recovery image afterwards.
Then turn on USB Debugging (by opening Settings, then choosing Developer Options, tapping Settings, selecting Applications, then go to Development and select the USB Debugging option); in case your phone has Android 2.3 or an older version on it, then you should enable the USB Debugging like this: go to the phone’s Settings, opt for About Phone, go to the display’s bottom, choose Build Number, click on the latter for a total amount of 7 times and choose Settings, after which tap Developer Options and then select the option in question.
Then make a backup, install USB Drivers for the phone on the notebook, use the variant which does not belong to a carrier and charge the battery.
All done with the requirements? Then you can find out, from below, how to flash the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean SlimBean Build 7 custom ROM.
How to flash SlimBean Build 7 on Galaxy S2
- The owner of and the update firmware from online and then also download (or Slim_Gapps) on their notebook. Then, as usual, he or she needs to follow that up by doing the following: plug the smartphone to their laptop and then copy + paste the packages from the laptop to the handset’s integrated SD card root.
- The devices need to be unplugged from one after the other as soon as the files have been moved there. Now switch the Galaxy S2 I9100 off. That should be followed by this task: enter the handset, by simultaneously pressing + holding Volume Up, Home and Power, into Recovery Mode.
- Then make a full NANDroid backup by selecting the following options: Backup & Restore and then Backup.
- You should then go back to the main recovery menu and do as follows: opt for Factory reset/Wipe data, confirm this, then go back to the recovery main menu where you need to opt for Wipe Cache Partition.
- After you confirm that action, you have to select, next, Wipe Dalvik Cache and then opt for Install zip from SD card.
- The next action to operate: select Choose zip from SD card. Then, after you locate the SlimBean Build 7 custom ROM you should install it on the phone by opting for it with Power.
- After you confirm the flashing, wait, then install the Google Apps tool by basically repeating the actions done for the previous file’s flashing. Confirm the installation afterwards and go back to the main recovery menu in order to reboot the handset by clicking on the system rebooting option. Have some patience and then you will behold the update for yourself!
NOTE: In case your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G or the I9100 model shows a big “Status 7 error” on its touchscreen, it’s time you did this: install the appropriate kernel on it and then flash the Android 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 7 ROM. However, if the smartphone sees a boot loop or gets stuck in booting, then opt for the following:
- Wipe Cache Partition;
- Wipe Dalvik Cache;
then reboot the phone.
It is possible to go back to the device’s old ROM. And you need to perform the following: boot the phone into Recovery, opt for Backup&Restore and then get the previous ROM back on the device by simply choosing its name from an upcoming list.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.