Samsung’s Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 still uses the same old Android OS, which is the 5.0 Ice Cream Sandwich version. But there is a way to upgrade it to the new version, called Jelly Bean. And, as usual, the solution is a custom ROM developed by a member on XDA Developers forum.
star of the show is called ReVolt JB ROM. Its purpose is to deliver a better experience, which means you’ll get to use to have access to the Download Mode or to the OTA Update Center application, among many other things. But bear in mind that this custom ROM should only be used if you own the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
And, to provide the best working conditions for the flashing to be successful, you must backup the data that you will need after the process, download ReVolt JB ROM (a file called , the 2.6 version of the ROM) and see whether or not your handset comes with ClockworkMod Recovery and access to the phone’s root directory.
If all of the above are taken care of, you can start flashing the ReVolt JB ROM for your very own Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. And you’ll do that with the guidance of the below steps.
- The first of them is the following: you must copy the previously downloaded archive to the internal memory card of the device.
- What you have to perform next for the second step is to switch the smartphone off and then enter in the ClockworkMod Recovery mode. This is done with the help of the well known method – you must select at the same time the next keys: Home, Volume Down and Power. This will start the phone’s Recovery mode (if you are lost, the Volume buttons work as navigation tools; the key for Power becomes a way to choose either an option or an item once you are in Recovery Mode).
- For step number 3 you need to perform a NANDroid backup of the actual version of the ROM; do this by going to Backup and Restore.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Step 4 goes like this: when you are in Backup and Restore, choose Backup, then get back to the phone’s menu.
- For the fifth step you have to do the following: when in the main menu, perform a Full Wipe of the phone. This can be performed via these options: choose the Factory reset/Wipe data, then choose then Wipe cache partition option. Don’t forget to confirm the both operations and to return to the phone’s main menu.
- Then comes step 6: choose Install ZIP from SD card when you are in the phone’s main menu and then opt for Choose ZIP from SD card.
- What comes next is the seventh step: find the ROM ZIP file and choose it; this needs a confirmation.
- For the last step, number 8, you have to go back to the main menu. There choose Reboot system now. This action will restart the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and you will get the chance to witness a superior experience.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.