If you don’t want a new smartphone and are keen on continuing to use your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 from now on, then you need to know this: there is a way in which you can benefit from this gadget even more. Or improve its performance should you feel like your trusted buddy began to move slowly or its features lacked enough shine.
Spending some time over at XDA Developers forum, we discovered a custom ROM going by the name of MIUI. So, without further ado, you are able to find out how to flash your device with this tool if you just follow our post.
Now, here are a couple of pre-requisites that every serious procedure out there is obliged to feature. Download and (also called gapps-jb-20121011-signed, which is a .zip archive), root the phone using ClockWorkMod Recovery method, backup the most important data and fully charge your Galaxy Nexus I9250.
The time for the guide is now upon us. Below are the steps which we created just for the occasion.
- Step 1: move the previously downloaded MIUI ROM pack and the GApps archive to the phone’s memory card. Switch the smartphone off, then access the ClockworkMod Recovery mode the usual way: by keep pressed for about 5 seconds the buttons for Volume Up, Volume Down and Power. This will make the Galaxy Nexus reach Fastboot Mode.
- Step 2: try and find Recovery with the keys for Volume.
- Step 3: opt for this mode via Power and perform a full NANDroid backup. This is aimed at the current ROM. But, to put this into action, do this: locate Backup&Restore, then tap on Backup and you’re good to go for step number four.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Which instructs you to opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, click Yes, choose Wipe Cache Partition and tap on Yes.
- The fifth step needs the following from you: opt for Advanced, then choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and select Yes from the list of options. Now choose to install the archive from internal memory card, opt for Choose ZIP from SD Card and select, from what you see on-screen, choose Locate then search and choose the MIUI.us_maguro .zip archive.
- Step 6: tap on Yes next and then flash the GApps Pack by performing the exact actions illustrated in the fifth and sixth steps, starting from “Now choose (…) tap on Yes“, previous to this one.
- Final two steps: choose Go Back. Immediately after that you must restart the entire system and your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 is going to be flashed with the MIUI ROM.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.