Acer Iconia Tab A510 landed on our minds when we looked for another gadget to update. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with all of its assets is the version of OS that your tablet will get a chance at. To land this variant on the device we will make good use of CM10.2 custom ROM.
The assets we briefly touched upon mean loads of new apps, features and other tools of this kind which will all introduce you to an enhanced tablet. The warranty that comes with your gadget is going to be erased from it after the tablet is upgraded. So wait until the Iconia Tab A510 is out of warranty before you update it with our guide.
update needs several requirements for it to work well. So prepare to perform the following:
- root the tablet and install CWM Recovery or TWRP;
- charge the battery of this gadget if there is no power left inside it;
- make a backup of the important data which is inside the tablet;
- turn off the antivirus programs installed on your laptop and then repeat this action for your tablet;
- go to your Iconia Tab A510’s Settings, opt for Applications, click on Development, choose USB Debugging and then tick the box next to it so that this option is turned on;
- install USB drivers for the tablet on your PC (or laptop).
The gadget which can be updated to the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM today is the Acer Iconia Tab A510, not a different one. Keep that in mind before you proceed to this tutorial.
- Without other introductions, here is how to update this device in an appropriate manner. Download, for the first step, the (file name: cm-10.2-20130826-UNOFFICIAL-a510.zip) on your laptop and a second file called Google Apps (the file is available here). Then make sure they are saved in the laptop’s desktop. The content of these two packages should not be extracted.
- Then, the next thing to do is to plug the Iconia Tab A510 to your notebook and to afterwards copy + paste the CM10.2 custom ROM and the Google Apps to the SD card root that resides inside your tablet. Now disconnect the first device from the second one and then switch your gadget off.
- For the next few minutes, your gadget should boot into Recovery Mode. Then, once the tablet is in the mode it needs to reach, you have to operate some tasks of wiping the data inside the Iconia Tab A510.
- The next options needs to be chosen for this particular purpose: Factory Reset/Wipe Data, Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]Go back, by opting for +++Go back+++, to the device’s Recovery Mode after you are done with those operations and after that opt for Install zip from SD card.
- Next task: select Choose zip from SD card. Then select the cm-10.2-20130826-UNOFFICIAL-a510.zip archive, install it on the tablet, take the Google Apps file (gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip) and redo the steps with which you flashed the first file. Restart the Acer Iconia Tab A510 when the flashing of the files is done.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To avoid your tablet remaining stuck in one or more boot loops, you can take the following solution: restart the gadget in the Recovery Mode, then choose for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, Wipe Cache Partition and reboot the device.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.