If you’re disappointed in the battery life of your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, then it’s time to learn of a way to give it a little nudge so it can last longer. A custom ROM is all you will need to achieve this.
It’s courtesy, as usual, of a developer on XDA Developers forum and it goes by the title of Codename Lungo. Among its many nice features is the one which allows you to keep it with as little bloatware as possible, so the battery of the tablet goes for more than a day.
make sure you install this tool in the correct manner, you will need to head to some requirements. Here they are: download the Codename Lungo ROM created for your model ( or for the ), get some add-ons (this part is optional), generate a full backup (or a couple if it suits your security concerns better), charge the battery of the gadget till it says either 75% or 100% complete and, final pre-requisite, flash a custom recovery image if the device does not have one pre-installed (from our experience, ClockworkMod Recovery is the best and most popular option).
Now that we successfully took care of the requirements part of our tutorial, we can move on to the steps which are going to get the Codename Lungo ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (either the GT-P3100 or the GT-P3110 model). Every single one of these steps is crucial to the success of this operation; so follow them zealously.
- Step number one will instruct you as follows: move the ROM pack that befits your tablet version to the tablet’s internal memory card. When they’re safely duplicated on the device, the next operation you’re asked to perform is this one: switch the product off and then restart the tablet into Recovery Mode; this operation is best done in the following manner: keep selected the buttons for Volume Down and Power, for about 5 seconds, then wait for the Samsung icon to appear. Let go of Power and don’t remove your finger from Volume Down.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]The time has come to generate a stock ROM NANDroid backup using this guide; here are the actions you need to perform for it: opt for Backup&Restore, then tap on Backup.
- Choose Factory reset/Wipe data and click on Yes. Opt for Install zip from SD card, tap on Choose zip from SD card and then choose the necessary ROM archive.
- Step 4: opt for Go Back and then tap on Reboot system now. And with this, your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 will boast the Codename Lungo ROM from this day forth.
- Should you want to flash your favorite addons, do this: choose Install zip from SD card, opt for Choose zip from SD card and finish it by selecting the addon archive of your fancy.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.