Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 is a popular tablet, which is why many developers are working on new firmware for it. The most recent discovery is ZCUANA1. Once flashed on your gadget, Android 4.2.2 and its host of goodies will make themselves known. Below is a guide on how to get this new firmware.
The new upgrade became available this month for China. With an activated KIES logo in tow, you will
be able to update the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T310 via Samsung’s KIES, too. Only that you need to have a tablet with a stock ROM on it.
Should your gadget be a different version than the one we outlined, you will brick it if you use this guide. Once that aside, here’s what the update provides: a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, no Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state, USB debug white-list, a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading and a whole new set of download notifications.
You can also grab the upgrade with OTA (over the air) method using the Software Update button under Settings menu. Use this option in case you have a stock ROM on your gadget and you want to get the update directly from your tablet.
The new ROM will, like many other firmware before it, erase system partition and revoke root access if your Samsung SM-T310 happens to be rooted. These won’t go through the same thing: the important data and the internal/external SD cards.
Time for some much-needed requirements:
- install USB drivers for your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 on the notebook;
- a laptop with Windows is the device you should use apart from the tablet;
- your tablet needs to have USB Debugging enabled;
- create several backups to make sure the important data isn’t lost (apart from the regular backup, you should also perform a full NANDroid one, using these instructions);
- then proceed to charge the battery of your tablet;
- in case security programs are in use now on the laptop and the tablet, make sure they are disabled for the time being.
- To install the new firmware on your tablet, you must first download, , the China version of the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ZCUANA1 on your laptop, then the latest version of Odin. Follow that up with the next step: unzip, via WinRar or WinZip, the two packages.
- The tablet needs to be entered into Download Mode, so press and simultaneously hold Volume Down, Home and Power and then, when the logo of Android makes an appearance, press Power.
- Once you’re taken to the necessary Download Mode, you should open the Odin on the notebook as Admin and make sure a connection is established between the tablet and the notebook.
- To create that, you need to take the USB cord of your gadget and use it to plug the latter to your laptop. Then wait. As soon as the Odin locates the tablet, you will see “Added!!” and an ID:COM box turning up yellow. In case no such connection is made, you have to try and install the USB drivers one more time or just resort to another USB port.
- If that isn’t needed, then tap BL, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- In a short while, some boxes will appear on the screen. The ones that must be checked are these: Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- All that you need to do from now on: tap “Start” and watch as the new Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware begins an installation phase. Which won’t take forever.
- [sc name=”banner-jos”]As soon as the process is at its end, the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 shall automatically reboot and “Pass” will pop up on the screen.
- Disconnect the tablet from your laptop when that is the case. The new firmware can be located like this on your gadget: after you click on Settings, you need to tap About Tablet.
What is one to do if the ZCUANA1 doesn’t deliver what it said it would? Your tablet’s old ROM can be restored by using the NANDroid backup file from before. But the update procedure will be revoked if you do that.
Do you have questions or comments for us? Leave them below.
My name is Mark, I am a new chief editor of this blog, freelance writer, entrepreneur, and simply a technology lover. Currently a proud owner of a Google Pixel 4a.